Roulette is a very easy to learn and really exciting game. Due to its variety of combinations and bets it might seem difficult to understand. The truth is exactly the opposite. Roulette is played on a table featuring a betting area and the roulette wheel. This wheel consists 38 compartments with numbers from 1 to 36, which are colored black and red, and two green compartments with 0 and 00. Most casinos have 00 on their wheels to increase the odds to their advantage. Before you can place your bet on a roulette table you first have to get special roulette chips from the dealer at the table.
Every player has different colored chips for easier identifying. The game starts after the players have made most of their bets by placing them on the numbered layout. You will see the layout explained below. The dealer then spins the wheel in one direction and the small ball in the opposite one. This doesnt mean you can not place any more bets. You can place bets until the ball leaves the track and falls onto the spuned wheel. The dealer will then say ‘No more Bets!’. The ball then falls into one of the wheels numbered compartments which determines the winning number. After the wheel stops the dealer will then mark the winning number on the betting area and the bets are paid accordingly.
Placing the Bets in Roulette!
There are many different bets that can be placed on a roulette table. At the first look the layout might seem a bit confusing but it is not very hard to understand how the betting works. Below is an image of the roulette table layout for easier understanding how and where to place your bets. The white chips demonstrate the bets that can be made.
1. Straight Bet = The chip can be put anywhere on the layout on one of the 38 numbers. It has to be completely in the square surrounding the number you choose because if it is not the dealer could mistake it for a different bet. This bet offers the highest odds in this casino game. You get paid a 35:1 odd if the ball lands on your number.
2. Split or Two number Bet = In a split bet you place your chip on the line between two neighboring numbers. In this case the numbers are 12 and 15. You win if the ball lands on either of those numbers. The odds on this bet are 17:1.
3. Street or Three number Bet = This bet allows you to cover an entire row of the table. You make this bet by placing your chip on the outside line of the row you want to bet on. You win if one of those three numbers comes up. The odds here are 11:1.
4. Corner Bet = This bet covers four numbers. To make it, you have to put your chip right in the middle of the four numbers where they join corners. In this case they are 20, 21, 23 and 24. The odds on this one are 8:1.
5. Five Number Bet = Here you have to place your chip in the only possible 5 number street available. This bet only covers the numbers 0, 00 1, 2 and 3. If one one these numbers comes up you will get paid 6:1 odds.
6. Six Number Bet = This bet makes it possible to cover two rows of three numbers each. You have to place your chip on the outside line of the two rows you want to cover. In this case the numbers are 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 and 33. The odds on this particular bet are 5:1.
7. Any Red or Black Bet = In this case you put your chip either on the black or the red field on the outside. This covers all the black or red numbers on the field. The odds are 1:1.
8. Any Low or High Number Bet = This bet divides the field of numbers into two groups. The numbers from 1 to 18 (low)and from 19 to 36 (high). You bet on whether the next number that comes up is between 1 and 18 or 19 and 36. In either case if 0 or 00 shows up you lose. The odds are 1:1 also.
9. Any Even or Odd Bet = Here you bet if the next number that comes up is either even or odd. Same as the bet above each of those two fields covers 18 numbers. 0 or 00 is not considered either even or odd, so if it comes up you lose. The odds are 1:1 on this bet as well.
10. Dozen Bet = This divides the numbers into three dozen. Each one of them covers 12 numbers (1 to 12, 13 to 24 and 25 to 36). As shown above your bet would be on the first dozen, this means all the numbers from one to twelve would be covered. In case you win you get paid 2:1.
11. Column Bets = There are three columns, namely 1st, 2nd & 3rd. Either of them covers 12 numbers. In the example above the bet would be on the 2nd column. If any of the numbers included in the column show you win 2:1.
A game like roulette does not have any kind of particular strategies, because it is a random game. Never the less, you can maximize your chances of winning by betting strictly Straight Bets. These bets offer the highest payback rates in the game.